This is a very easy project and a way to use all those pieces of thread you’ve been collecting when sewing or doing hand or machine embroidery.
- Water Soluble Stabilizer
- Left over pieces of thread
- Odif Odicoat Gel Coating
- Cup of your choice – this works on plastic, glass, ceramic,……
- Sewing Machine
- Rotary Cutter & Ruler (optional)
- Measure the length and width necessary to go around your cup and cut 2 sheets of Water Soluble Stabilizer 1 inch longer than necessary.
- Place threads between the two sheets of Water Soluble Stabilizer. Go to your sewing machine and either free motion or straight stitch through all layers to keep the sandwiched threads together.
- Place the thread sandwich in cool water to melt the stabilizer until it feels like coated gelatin (this will help stick to the cup).
- Place the threads around the cup overlapping the ends slightly.
- Allow to dry and then seal and waterproof by brushing on a layer of Odif Odicoat gel coating.
Voila!! All done.
Welcome to the 2018 art challenge between Creative Textile Mastery and Michelle McCosh of Everything Scrapbook and Stamps
We have challenged ourselves to create on a weekly basis an interpretation in paper and fabric of the same word, project or theme. Here is our introduction video:
Follow along for our weekly posts and be inspired!!
Class in Painting fabric using Shibori technique at Everything Scrapbook and Stamps, Lake Worth Florida #shibori #fabric painting #everythingscrapbookandstamps @ Everything Scrapbook & Stamps
Creative Textile Mastery is dedicated to everything Textile.
Loving all forms of textile manipulations, the idea is to spur creativity by sharing.
PS: don’t forget my Challenge. Suscribe Participate and win an ODIF products opportunity
Don’t forget subscribe to my Challenge, it is FREE
Let me tell you what it is all about
I invite you to participate in the Challenge : Travel Inspirations.
Play with me as I travel through France sharing creativity booster photos.
Post your creations relating to the theme of the photo.
The rules are:
1. Subscribe for the contest on my website www.creativetextilemastery.com
2. There must be at least one piece of textile in the creation.
3. Share your creations with the group Creative Textile Mastery Inspiration.
At the end of the contest on October 31, 2017 there will be 3 winners. They will receive the complete product line of Odif products to inspire. Open to all who want to play.
See my latest videos:
ODIF 505 Prepare to appliqué
Using ODIF 505 Temporary Fabric Adhesive allows you to place your cut appliqué pieces on your base fabric with ease and precision before sewing by hand or machine.
ODIF Odicoat Glue Gel, protect AND decorate placemat
Odicoat will protect AND decorate your placemats. Use as a sealer to render waterproof and as a glue to embellish and decorate.
ODIF 505 Scrap Wall Hanging or Placemat
Quickly put together this wall hanging or placemat with your fabric scraps and ODIF 505 Temporary Fabric Adhesive. Piecing and Quilting in one step!! Great quick project.
ODIF 505 Basting a Quilt
Use ODIF Temporary Fabric Adhesive to quickly and easily baste your quilt tops! Won’t gum your needles and a real time saver!!
Welcome! I am Christine a textile artist and teacher for the last 20 years.
Love to teach all forms of textile manipulation! Mixed media, journaling and textiles – one big melting pot !!!
Continue reading “Creative Textile Mastery Group!”