This is a very easy project and a way to use all those pieces of thread you’ve been collecting when sewing or doing hand or machine embroidery.
- Water Soluble Stabilizer
- Left over pieces of thread
- Odif Odicoat Gel Coating
- Cup of your choice – this works on plastic, glass, ceramic,……
- Sewing Machine
- Rotary Cutter & Ruler (optional)
- Measure the length and width necessary to go around your cup and cut 2 sheets of Water Soluble Stabilizer 1 inch longer than necessary.
- Place threads between the two sheets of Water Soluble Stabilizer. Go to your sewing machine and either free motion or straight stitch through all layers to keep the sandwiched threads together.
- Place the thread sandwich in cool water to melt the stabilizer until it feels like coated gelatin (this will help stick to the cup).
- Place the threads around the cup overlapping the ends slightly.
- Allow to dry and then seal and waterproof by brushing on a layer of Odif Odicoat gel coating.
Voila!! All done.